IPOH : The Education Ministry welcomes all quarters, especially NGOs, to submit suggestions on a proposed plan to allow students to bring electronic gadgets to school as learning aid.
Deputy Education Minister Datuk Chong Sin Woon said the plan was still pending, as further discussion was needed.
“While some are opposed to this plan, there are those who support it.
“It was previously announced that we would require two months to study the matter and we welcome all NGOs to submit suggestions before a decision is made,” he said at a press conference here yesterday.
Chong said the Internet was filled with information and he was aware of concerns from parents of children being exposed to websites they were not supposed to access.
“But we are living in a world where we can’t control everything. Electronic devices have been used as learning aid in other countries for many years,” he said.
“We will find a way to listen to everyone’s views on this to determine the best outcome.”
On Tuesday, Education Minister Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid said his ministry was planning to allow students to bring devices to school in line with the current high-tech environment.
He said the ministry would require two months to study the matter before making any decision and until then, the existing policy barring students from bringing gadgets to school would remain.
Source : The Star http://buff.ly/2pJiFSI
Photo : thestar.com.my